Don’t Get Caught; Be Ready for the Inspection
THERE ARE SEVEN THINGS that a manager needs to have to be compliant should an inspector from the Ministry of Labour randomly visit the site. These are:
- Two health and safety policies approved by the board and circulated internally (workers on site) and externally (as needed contractors).
- Site-specific procedures manual with proof of circulation to the workers on site, and annual review.
- Annually three separate site assessments.
- Proof of training on eight different legislations.
- Safety equipment with procedures.
- WSIB, Insurance and Health and Safety policies for each company working at the site.
- Monthly safety inspections and compliance documentation.
Fines are up to $100,000 for an individual and up to $1.5 million for any condominium corporation.
Laura Lee, RCM, ACCI, CCP is Senior Property Manager at Del Property Management.